Keywords | Summary | Correspondence | References
Facial aesthetics, medical rhinoplasty, mini-rhinoplasty, rhinoplasty
Rhinoplasty surgical procedure is one of the most interesting and complex
aesthetic surgical procedures. The main goal of aesthetic and
artistic rhinoplasty is to achieve a natural look of beauty enhancement
and most harmonious face. There is no one standard rhinoplasty, so
treatment needs to be individualized. Aesthetic goals meet nasal breathing
function which is also an important point for patients. New trends
in rhinoplasty include mini-rhinoplasty and medical (nonsurgical) rhinoplasty.
The concept of aesthetic rhinoplasty that is reviewed in this
article is based upon detailed knowledge of anatomy, function and
Address of Correspondence
Frédéric Braccini, MD
Facial Plastic Surgery
HNS & FPS Riviera Institute
25 avenue Jean Médecin
1. Redaelli A, Braccini F. Medical Rhinoplasty. Basic principles and clinical practice. Ed. OEO Firenze 2010.
2. Braccini F, Saban Y. Surgical anatomy of the nose. Rev Laryngol Otol Rhinol 2006; 127: 9-13.
3. Pech A, Cannoni M. La rhinoplastie personnalisée. Springer-Verlag, Paris, 1993.
4. Braccini F, Dohan Ehrenfest DM. Medical rhinoplasty: rationale for atraumatic nasal modelling using botulinum toxin and fillers. Rev Laryngol Otol Rhinol 2008; 129: 233-8.
5. Saban Y, Braccini F. Rhinoplasties. Monographie du CCA-AMPLIFON. Edition 2002.
6. Anderson JR, Ries WR. Rhinoplasty: emphasizing the external approach. The American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Thieme Inc., New York, 1986.
7. Wollina U (2010) Cosmetic use of botulinum toxin. Household & Personal Care Today 2010; 2: 41-44.
8. Braccini F, Dohan Ehrenfest DM. Advantages of combined therapies in cosmetic medicine for face ageing: botulinum toxin filler and mesotherapy. Rev Laryngol Otol Rhinol 2010; 131: 89-95.
9. Braccini F, Porta P, Thomassin JM. „Mini-rhinoplasty“. Rev Laryngol Otol Rhinol 2006; 127: 23-8.
10. Wollina U, Konrad H. Managing adverse events associated with botulinum toxin A: A focus on cosmetic procedures. Am J Clin Dermatol 2005; 6: 141-150.